August 30, 2017

Kimberbell "Jingle All the Way" Class Two

The next class I will be teaching at Quilts and Lace is the second Jingle All The Way installment.  It will be on September 12 at 10:00.  The blocks I will be demonstrating will be the snow globes, the Jingle All the Way blocks, and the peppermint blocks.

The snow globes are adorable.  They are done in applique but before the last fabric, which is vinyl, is tacked down, you place a little teaspoon of beads, sequins, or glitter snowflakes on top of the design.  You can see here in my samples what they look like.


Gingerbread Snow Globe

Candy Cane Snow Globe

Tree Snow Globe


Gingerbread Snow Globe 2

I used little round sequins and snowflake shaped sequins that I had bought from Stampin Up inside of them.

I had a little bit of trouble with the Jingle All the Way design.  My thread kept breaking when it was stitching out the decorative tack down stitches around the appliqued letters, but I think that might be resolved with using a different stabilizer.


Jingle all the way

Then last up for this months class will be the peppermints.  We will need a total of five of them.  Here are a few.

Peppermints

I already have the front of the quilt stitched together and it is turning out very cute.

Next month we will work on the little houses, the Dec 25 block, and the holly berries. 








No comments:

Post a Comment